We have the services of Curbside 'Combination Recycling and Garbage Collection', with every household being provided with:
- 2 carts,
- 1 cart for Garbage (Grey color)
- 1 for Recycling (Blue color). We will have weekly alternating collection of Garbage and Recyclables.
Garbage collection: Gray Bins. All materials placed in your cart must be bagged.
The following items are NOT to be placed in your garbage cart:
Chemicals - Building/Demolition Material - Explosives
Dirt, Rocks, Sand - Animal Carcasses - Flammable Liquids
Pesticides - Metal/Steel - Tires - Motor Oil
Electronics - Batteries - Medications
Paint - Ashes - Branches
RESIDENTIAL SINGLE STREAM RECYCLE COLLECTION: Blue Bins
All approved recyclables can now be placed together in your recycle cart. Accepted materials are listed below. Other materials for recycling will be added in the future as the necessary processing equipment is put into place.
Paper & Cardboard
- Flattened corrugated cardboard and paperboard (empty cereal boxes, empty detergent boxes, empty tissue boxes)
- Newspaper, flyers, inserts, junk mail, and envelopes
- Magazines, catalogues, telephone books, paperback books, hardcover books with covers and spine removed
- Brown paper bags, tissue roll cores, gift and packing paper, paper egg cartons
- Copier paper, NCR (no carbon required) paper
Aluminum & Tin
- Soft drink and beer cans
- Foil trays and pie plates
- Household tin cans (please rinse)
- Containers with logo 1-7-No Food containers (Clam Shells) labelled #1
- Plastic drink bottles
- Aseptic Packaging & Cartons
- Juice and milk cartons, milk jugs, tetra-pak containers, pouches
- Household garbage, organics, or hazardous waste
- No food containers (clam shells) labelled #1
- No plastic bags or plastic wrap
- Waxed, plasticized or food contaminated paper, cardboard cups or plastic plates
- Soiled tissues, napkins and paper towels
- Confetti shredded paper
- Styrofoam or other foam packing materials
- Auto parts or batteries
- No oil containers or chemical jugs
Please be advised that the cardboard recycling room at the Rink Complex has been closed. Please do not leave cardboard/paper by the Rink Complex, utilize your recycle carts.
MONTHLY YARD CLEAN-UP
From April 1st to October 31st, the waste collection staff will collect branches, leaves and grass clippings at their convenience.
Branches should not be more that four feet in length and bundles must weigh less that 35 pounds. Limited amounts of sod.
Grass, leaves and lawn clippings shall be placed in clear garbage bags and stored separately from all other Household Waste originating from that property.