Mosquito Control Program for the Town of Eastend
The Council of the Town of Eastend would like to update residents with respect to the “Fogging” program for the control of Mosquitoes within the Town of Eastend limits:
- DeltaGard 20EW, the newly registered insecticide for mosquito control, will be utilized; this product is derived from a natural insecticide in Chrysanthemum flowers, and is recommended for use by the World Health Organization Pesticide Evaluation Scheme.
- The Council of the Town of Eastend continues to be in communication with Michael Fagan, Pesticide Officer, Health Canada, with respect to the Mosquito Control Program.
- Shawn Bird is licensed by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture to apply pesticide in the Mosquito and Biting Fly category, and will be the Applicator for this Program.
- “Fogging” will occur between the hours from ‘dusk to dawn’
on either Thursday or Friday evenings, dependent on weather conditions, commencing on June 17th or 18th, 2021.
- Please feel free to bring any questions to the Town Office or to talk to Shawn.
The Town of Eastend will also continue to apply Vectobac to control larval mosquitoes in stagnant water and tall grass within Town limits.
For more information, please visit:
Health Canada: Use of Deltamethrin for Mosquito Control
Pest Management Regulatory Agency’s Registration Decision RD2017-08, Deltamethrin