Back to Home page
2016 Insecticide use Program for the Town of Eastend
Notice is hereby given that the Town of Eastend intends to conduct the following insect programs as follows:
- Vectobac will be used to control larval mosquitoes in stagnant water and tall grass, within Town limits.
- Malathion will be used to control adult mosquitoes within Town limits.
- Fogging in 2016 will begin on Wednesday, June 15th, weather permitting, between 8:00pm to 11:00pm, as required; fogging may be done on Thursday evening, if weather dictates.
- Fogging may be done in addition to these days to accomodate special events, as required.
- The Town of Eastend will be fogging with Malathion in 2016 to control adult mosquitoes along streets and lanes, town parks, the golf course, cemetery and right-of-ways within Town limits, as directed by Town Council, when deemed necessary.
- Property owners who prefer to NOT have their property fogged with Malathion MUST give Written Notice to the Town office by Wednesday, June 15th, 2016; this Notice will be in effect for the season.
The duration of the program will vary depending upon weather conditions and insect population levels.
All pesticides used and procedures applied will be in accordance with federal approved label recommendations from the Pest Management Regulatory Agency.
Back to Top